Our Host Protection Guarantee provides primary liability coverage for up to $1,000,000 per occurrence in the event of a third-party claim of bodily injury and also provides coverage for property damage related to a Codi booking.
Our liability coverage is subject to a $1,000,000 cap per location, and certain conditions, limitations, and exclusions may apply.
The Host Protection Guarantee will only act as the primary insurance coverage for incidents related to Codi bookings, but it’s available to hosts regardless of their other insurance arrangements.
Here are some examples of what the Host Protection Guarantee should cover:
- A Codi member breaks their arm after slipping on a rug and brings a claim for the injury against the host.
- A Codi member accidentally drops their laptop on a third party’s foot in the building lobby. The third party brings a claim for the injury against the host.
Some examples of what the Host Protection Guarantee doesn’t cover:
- Intentional acts where liability isn’t the result of an accident.
- Accusations of slander or defamation of character.
- Property issues (ex: mold, bed bugs, asbestos, pollution).
- Auto accidents (ex: vehicle collisions)