Create productive sessions and get great reviews
What's expected of hosts?
To help create quality, reliable work sessions for members, we ask all hosts to meet five basic requirements:
- Provide essential amenities: this includes good WiFi, power outlets, a work table/chairs, glasses/water, and at least a restroom
- Cleanliness: every space that members can access, especially the living room, restroom, and kitchen, are expected to be clean and tidy
- Maintain a high overall rating: members like to know they can expect a consistent level of quality
- Open during work hours: we ask all hosts to maintain their availabilities during regular work hours, and avoid closing before 5pm
- Avoid cancellations: we take cancellations seriously and ask all hosts to avoid cancelling on members, their work day depends on it
We recommend all hosts provide the essentials so members have what they need and have a productive work session. If you are missing some amenities, you can check our host resources section to order them.
- Good WiFi
- Power outlets (an extension is strongly recommended)
- Work table/chairs
- Restroom (with toilet paper)
Members will expect the spaces they access to be clean and tidy, and conform to the pictures of your Codi profile. Make sure you give yourself enough time to clean before members arrive, and that your notification policy is adapted.
Members can rate the cleanliness of your space, and the rating will appear on your Codi profile. If you consistently receive low cleanliness ratings, you may be subject to penalties.
- Clean every room members can access, especially living room, restrooms, and the kitchen
- Check that there’s no hair, dust, or mold on surfaces and floors
- Perform turnover between sessions:
- Provide toilet paper
- Clear trash
- Make sure you give yourself some time to prep before the first open hour on your calendar
- Leave some cleaning supplies and instructions in your space so members can clean after themselves
- Check our host resources section to hire a cleaning service
Easy access and efficient checkin are important to help members get to work and feel at ease. Members can rate their checkin experience after their session.
- Write instructions for amenities (coffee, wifi,…) through your host dashboard - we’ll share it with members right before check-in so they can set up smoothly
- Provide members with detailed instructions for accessing your home through your host dashboard
- If you plan to meet members in person, make sure to coordinate a check-in time in advance
- If you greet members in person, show them around the different spaces they can access, where to work, and how to use the amenities
- To provide the best experience, set up the vibe with some nice background music, set up extensions for power outlets, and provide clear instructions on how to get water or coffee and where the restroom is
Whether you are home or not, it’s important to remain available throughout the work session. Members rate the clarity and consistency of your communication.
- Be proactive! Let members know you’re available. Reach out early to coordinate their arrival
- If you don’t welcome them in person, you can text them at their checkin time to make sure everything went smoothly, and there’s nothing better than a handwritten note on the table to feel welcomed
- If something in the listing changes (space, amenity or addon), tell members in advance
- Lunch is an important moment during a tough work day! Let members know what the options are in your Codi description
Being honest in your Codi description will set the right expectations and improve the overall experience. You can help workers understand if your Codi meets their needs and workstyle by providing clear info and mustknow details, like whether you have pets, there are 8 flights of stairs to climb, etc..
- Accurate address (this is only shared after a member has booked)
- Phone call area privacy details
- Pictures fairly represent the condition of the space
- Amenities are present and functional
- Request a professional photographer
- Write a detailed description of the space and surrounding amenities
- Provide a Host Policy that sets clear rules around what you do and don’t allow
- Be honest about unexpected circumstances that will impact members’ work sessions. They need to know if there’s construction work close-by or many stairs to climb
Remaining consistent with your availabilities goes a long way. Members seek a quiet place to work regularly. Opening during normal work hours is critical for members to come back. Late hours can be a significant differentiator.
- Avoid closing earlier than 5pm, it’s always disruptive in a worker’s day
- Be open at least 2 days a week. It will allow members to get into the habit of working from your Codi
- Keep your schedule consistent. We can help you provide access to your space when you’re not at home
- Create breaks in your calendar. Members can’t start a booking during that time slot, but are allowed to stay. So members know they shouldn’t reach you when you’re at the gym or in a meeting